- Bedrijf: Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Herengracht 542-556, 1017 CG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 162
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Receptionist(e) Front Office
- Referentie nr: 9657
- Geplaatst op: 01-03-2021
Algemene informatieAs a Guest Service Agent with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts you will not only have the opportunity to create long lasting memories for our guests but will also get the opportunity shape your own future and create memories for yourself that will last a lifetime.
What will I be doing?
A Guest Service Agent at Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam does not simply check-in or check-out guest but rather provides authentic , personalized arrival and departure experience for each guest. This includes guiding them towards their designated rooms whilst sharing the magnificent history of our six 17th century canal palaces and promoting the hotels several facilities which include a 2 Michelin starred restaurant, a Guerlain Spa and a UNESCO heritage protected private garden.
In addition to the standard registration and financial procedures you will be overseeing projects and are required to complete a well thought out checklist that ensures the consistent execution of the True Waldorf Service .
This position acts as a first and last impression and is therefore considered one of the most valuable roles in the hotel. Contacting guests prior to their arrival, ascertaining their needs and preparing for their stay, following up on all requests and going above and beyond by surprising and delighting them during their stay are just some of the tasks you will be executing on a daily basis.
Other Example Duties:
- Handles all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism.
- Responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum guest satisfaction while adhering to the True Waldorf Service standards.
- Welcome guest with refreshments and a warm welcoming smile
- Pro-actively ensure to offer guest higher categorized room types to ensure their accommodation is up to their needs as well as to increase the hotels room revenue.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of the layout of all 93 rooms.
- Comply with hotel cash, credit, security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Handle feedback from both management as well as guest in a polite and professional manner.
- Is creative in the approach towards procedures and is always looking for ways to improve the hotels services
- Take reservations both in person as well as over the phone to maximize the hotels revenue
- Finish assigned projects in the timeframe provided
- Attend training courses and workshops to further enhance your skillset
- Assist other departments as necessary
“Skills can be taught. Character you either have or you don't have.”
At Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam we are looking for unique talents and believe in our teams’ ability to train individuals that demonstrate the right attitude and a big passion for hospitality. In order to ensure we remain true to the high standards we have set for ourselves we do however prefer candidates with the below skills:
- At least 1 year of working experience in a luxury hotel environment ideally the Front of House department
- Excellent knowledge of the English language in both speaking as well as writing is mandatory
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Excellent grooming standards
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Education with the hospitality industry is preferred
- Competent level of IT proficiency
- Willingness to work different shifts , including during the night hours and on weekends
- Candidate must be in the possession of a valid residence and working permit for the Netherlands.
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary, holiday entitlement and upsell commission (based on performance)
As an employee of Hilton Worldwide you will be able to reserve highly discounted hotel rooms at any of the companies 5,000 properties which are situated in more than 100 countries.
In addition to the reduced room rates you will also be entitled to receive 50% discount on Food & Beverage expenses whilst staying on property.
In addition to the above mentioned travel benefits you will also be entitled to retrieve discounts on e.g car rentals, GuerlainSpa Products and Hilton operated bars and restaurants within the Benelux.
- Bedrijf: Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Marit Brommer
- Adres: Herengracht 542-556
1017 CG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020 7184633
- Website: http://www.waldorfastoria.com/amsterdam