- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Revenue Management
- Referentie nr: 34639
- Geplaatst op: 28-12-2020
Algemene informatieJoin our team as Director of Revenue at the W Amsterdam where design, music and fashion connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
A magnificent icon where our guests step inside the W Amsterdam and go straight to the top and check in at our rooftop W Living Room. Experience the innovative design and luxury of our 238 stylish guestrooms, including 25 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next.
Located near Dam Square, W Amsterdam is right in the heart of the city, just steps from the iconic canal district with its vibrant restaurants, bars and nightlife scene and an easy stroll to the boutiques of the 9 Streets district.
We are looking for a Director of Revenue that is passionate about W, passionate about music, style and innovation. It is critical that Director of Revenue represents the W lifestyle to our guests and customers. They, like the rest of our ‘talent’ are the soul behind the brand and they bring it to life.
Oversees revenue management activities and managers within area of purview. Responsible for balancing the financial objectives of different lodging products to maximize total revenues and profit associated with guest rooms. Position is accountable for pricing, positioning and inventory of all hotels within area of purview. Oversees all processes associated with demand, revenue, inventory, forecasting and opportunity analysis. Develops and recommends sales strategy for pricing of the transient customer, wholesale, and group segments. Identifies new revenue opportunities and effectively communicates sales strategy and pricing to all key stakeholders. Acts as primary contact and maintains productive relationships with all stakeholders, including hotel General Managers, sales leaders, franchisees and owners.
Education and Experience
2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; at least 2 years experience in the revenue management area.
4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
- Analyzes information, identifies current and potential problems and proposes solutions.
- Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
- Generates updates on transient segment each period and continually analyzes transient booking patterns.
- Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
- Maintains accurate reservation system information.
- Checks distribution channels regularly for hotel positioning, information accuracy and competitor positioning.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Analyzes weekly and monthly STAR information to assist in analyzing past strategies; identifies areas needing improvement, identifies competitor set strengths, and develops strategies to best capture available Market Share.
- Analyze STAR information to assist in development of RevPAR Index forecasts.
- Generates yearly room revenue budget.
Managing Revenue Management Strategy
- Provides critical input to property leaders for development of market sales strategy.
- Provides revenue management functional expertise and leadership to general managers, property leadership teams and market sales leaders.
- Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
- Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
- Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations.
- Assists in creating and verbalizing positioning and long-term strategies for all segments (group, transient, catering) that are in alignment with brand standards and property objectives.
- Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
- Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and profits.
- Ensures hotel strategies conform to brand philosophies and initiatives.
- Ensures Operation Teams are aware of current strategies and have the information needed to execute them (daily strategies, current day inventory management, and package inclusions).
Building Successful Relationships
- Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels/clusters/franchise partners/owners.
- Communicates market direction to revenue management, sales and hotel leaders.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time.
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
- Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
- Informs and/or updates executives, peers and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic form.
- Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Adaptability – Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
- Communication - Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information (e.g., data related to employee engagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Revenue Management - Knowledge of revenue management concepts, processes and strategies such as average daily rate, revenue per available room, sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing and inventory management. Skill in using a Yield Management system and interpreting pricing and inventory reports.
- Research - Skill in collecting information from a variety of sources relating to market data, historical cycles, travel and tourism trends, and real estate market dynamics. The ability to know when to seek addition information and where to look to find it.
- Inventory Management - The ability to manage rooms and function space restrictions and thresholds using systems or manually in order to maximize revenue/profit across all segments.
- Computer Skills - The willingness to learn and ability to use computer systems and software packages to input, access, modify, store, or output information or to execute programs and analyses. This includes the ability to enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball.
- Economics and Finance - Knowledge of economic principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of sales and marketing concepts including principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services as well as marketing strategies and tactics.
Candidiate needs to possess working permit for The Netherlands
Fluent English is a must (written/oral). Dutch is a plus.
- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com