Vacature: Sales en marketing, banquet sales
Meetings & Events Coordinator (fluent in Dutch and English)
- Bedrijf: Pestana Amsterdam Riverside
- Standplaats: Amsteldijk 67, 1074 HZ Amsterdam , Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 70
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Sales en marketing, banquet sales
- Referentie nr: 27518
- Geplaatst op: 28-11-2018
Algemene informatieYou are a colleague who knows how to deal with busy challenging days. Stress, what is that?
You have hospitality running through your veins and would like to share this passion?
You do not run away from challenges. You are a fan of bottom-up ideas, and ensure that the right ideas are worked out and implemented?
Pestana Group is the largest Portuguese tourism and leisure group. Its hotel chain Pestana Hotels and Resorts has 91 hotels with over 10,700 rooms. Since 2003 Pestana Group manages the Pousadas de Portugal.
Rising above the hippest part of town, De Pijp, Pestana Amsterdam Riverside is a luxury 5-star hotel in the heart of Amsterdam. Located in the former Town Hall and Archive of the Amstel Community. With 154 rooms & Suites, a Spa, including an indoor swimming pool and sauna, a gym, and restaurant ARC. run by the famous Chef Peter Lute, this hotel is your new luxury home in Amsterdam.
With 3 luxury meeting rooms that offer a private space for meetings between 15-30 people and 4 spacious rooms which can be combined to suit a larger gathering, we can fit any business traveller’s need, whether for a small meeting or for a conference. This setting can be complemented with the original main room, now baptized as Town Hall. Building on the original architecture, this 85 sqm and 6m height, can be the perfect spot for a company party or a more intimate celebration facing the Amstel river.
The stunning Town Hall Ballroom, located in the 1st floor of the Monument building, offers a majestic and stylish space for exclusive banquets, charity balls, wedding parties and cocktail receptions. The impressive details of a National Monument add timeless elegance. With a premium view to the riverside and its 87 square meters and 6 meters height, the Town Hall Ballroom seats up to 80 guests for a Banquet, a Reception or a lecture with theatre style seating.
Located on the Diamond building, all on the ground floor, with 3 meters height and with natural light, the 8 private meeting rooms can be easily configured for a variety of business gatherings and events, to create a lavish yet comfortable ambiance, which lends an air of intimate formality to any meeting.
Within the Monument building you can find 2 private meeting rooms, The Governor and The Mayor, both with 5 meters height and natural light, that have space up to 8 people.
Job description & Activities
As the Meetings & Events Coordinator, you work together with the Meetings & Events Manager on the organization and planning of events such as meetings, conferences, dinners but also other events such as drinks and parties.
- Organization and communication of events from A – Z.
- Drafting and managing contracts and offers with external parties.
- Assisting clients with the making of F&B choices, decoration, technical equipment and completion of the event. (Upselling)
- Responsible for clear communication to relevant departments where all relevant information about an event is passed on, orally and through event sheets.
- Being the first contact person of the Banquet & Events guests before, during and after the event.
- After-sales with the clients for future bookings.
- Be present weekly at the BEO and staff meetings, to discuss the current events.
- Promotion, production and follow-up with regard to sales leads.
- Be present at all major business activities and events in the hotel.
- Organize site visits for existing and new relations.
- followed a MBO or HBO education in the field of hospitality;
- are fluent in Dutch and English (spoken and written);
- have excellent sales skills and know how to bring ideas out of the box into the events;
- have the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines;
- have operational experience within the hotel industry is a big advantage!
- are enthusiastic and positive thinking;
- are flexible and adaptable to changes;
- are someone who often thinks: “What can we do better?”.
- Experience with Opera is a pré
What do we offer
Hi new colleague?
Nice to meet you. My name is Femke, Management Assistant and HR Support for the Pestana Amsterdam Riverside. A beautiful hotel where we are looking for passionate colleagues. Because we have a small team, there is a lot of freedom – this comes with responsibility. The bar is high - and you should like that.
- A job with lots of responsibility;
- Friends & Family rate to stay in Pestana Hotels & Resorts worldwide;
- International development opportunities;
- Pestana Guest Experience (know where you work);
Does this mean that you are still enthusiastic? And do you see yourself in our team?
Then I invite you to be creative and share your motivation with email@example.com.
Thank you very much for your interest in being part of the Pestana Hotel Group team.
The data received will be kept by Pestana Hotel Group, which will be used only for recruitment purposes for a period of 5 years. You may, at any time and for free, exercise your rights of access, rectification or deletion of data, opposition, limitation and portability of your data, by contacting the Data Protection Officer of Pestana Hotel Group via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by Registered Letter to Rua Jau nº 54, 1300 – 314 LISBOA. In the event of a breach of data and to the extent that such breach is liable to pose a high risk to the rights and freedoms of the holder, you can always submit a complaint to National Committee of Data Protection
- Bedrijf: Pestana Amsterdam Riverside
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Alexander Bakker
- Adres: Amsteldijk 67
1074 HZ Amsterdam , Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 22 06 900
- Website: http://www.pestana.com/uk/hotel/pestana-amsterdam-riverside