Vacature: Sales en marketing, banquet sales
Stagiair(e) / Trainee Groups, Conference & Events - per direct
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Stage
- Functie categorie: Sales en marketing, banquet sales
- Referentie nr: 20084
- Geplaatst op: 15-04-2019
Join the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our Group, Conference and Events department, which is divided into a sales- and organizing team, we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic trainee. Within the internship you will be a part of a young and creative team with a passion for the Hilton brand, and have many responsibilities and tasks such as:
- Learning all Hilton G,C&E systems;
- Focus on event bookings such as, seminars, congresses, dinners, weddings, fashion shows and many more;
- Administration tasks like booking reservations for events, input rooming lists, maintaining own bookings, contracting face and billing procedure;
- Being creative in gaining new business;
- Conduct weekly audit of group blocks and prepare weekly wash meeting.
If you are our ideal candidate, you will be passionate about the Hilton brand. You have a representative appearance and flexible attitude with a commercial focus! You enjoy a challenge, have a work hard/play hard together attitude and can handle high work pressure. Besides this you enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers to achieve maximum results.
- Fluent in English and an additional language;
- Minimum of 5 months;
- Hospitality management on bachelor level.
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you’re the following:
- A great start of your career within Events or Sales;
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities (many of our trainees developed oneself and now hold positions in different Hilton hotels);
- Intensive training period and a personal development program;
- Time given to work on your thesis / university assignment during internship hours;
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program;
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels;
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions;
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums;
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and become part of the Hilton family!
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Mike Oosterbaan
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com