- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Sales en marketing, banquet sales
- Referentie nr: 22589
- Geplaatst op: 28-02-2019
Algemene informatieEvents Specialist
Start your career as Events Specialist at W Amsterdam where design, music and fashion connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
A magnificent icon where our guests step inside W Amsterdam and go straight to the top and check in at our rooftop W Lounge. Experience the innovative design and luxury of our 238 stylish guestrooms, including 25 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next.
Located near Dam Square, W Amsterdam is right in the heart of the city, just steps from the iconic canal district with its vibrant restaurants, bars and nightlife scene and an easy stroll to the boutiques of the 9 Streets district.
And here’s the exciting part - we are looking for an Events Specialist who is passionate about W, passionate about style and innovation.
It is critical that the Events Specialist represents the W lifestyle to our guests and customers. They, like the rest of our ‘talent’ are the soul behind the brand and they bring it to life.
- Working within the sales & events team, this position has the responsibility for planning, selling and managing groups and events for W Amsterdam, from the enquiry stage to the execution (including invoicing and after sales). In order to optimize revenue & utilization of meeting space and guest satisfaction, working to ensure, at a minimum, delivery of budgeted revenues.
- The Events Specialist will demonstrate passion, creativity, enthusiasm and provide world class service.
- Develop close working relationships with operational departments and ensure they are provided with accurate and timely event orders, group and event summaries.
- Work in accordance with budget guidelines, ensuring minimum numbers and pricing guidelines when quoting for business, however taking in account when flexibility is needed to ‘close the businesses.
- Manage and participate in all event sales activities to maximize revenues
- Maintain effective and appropriate liaison with clients whilst on property for site inspections and events. To be actively involved in client educational, entertainment and sales as appropriate.
- Pro-actively analyse and follow up on business leads.
- Involve the Sales Team when needed to convert leads.
- Solicit new meeting and events accounts.This will consist of telephone solicitation, site inspections, and written communication and file maintenance (in house sales).
- Contact clients in order to discuss all meeting / accommodation details and actively up sell to maximize revenues.
- Continuously review and improve internal operations methods in own Department.
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English language
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management is preferred.
- Experience with Opera and Microsoft Office is preferred
You possess high levels of organizational skills and efficiency and are able to work under pressure. As "Talent" you represent the W lifestyle to our guests. You are the heart inside the brand - you bring it to life. We don't call W employees "Talent" for nothing. Creative. Exciting. Innovative. W Talent are naturally attracted to the Brand - they "get it"! W Talent are as unique as the brand itself, and cultivate the witty, whimsical, cool W environment. We push the envelope, raise the bar, and strive to be the best.
If you are the right candidate, you will be passionate about the W brand. You'll have an upbeat and positive attitude and you are someone who enjoys a challenge! You thrive from working in a high pressure and high volume environment and can think and act quickly if need be. You are a team player and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers alike. You generally have a work hard/play hard attitude to life and you enjoy having fun at work as well!
Are you the WHO who will WOW us and be part of our W Talent?
- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com