- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Sales en marketing, banquet sales
- Referentie nr: 27712
- Geplaatst op: 07-01-2020
Algemene informatieStart your five-star career at Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a 5 star property with 271 hotel rooms and 21 banquet rooms at a unique location. With our Team Members we have one target to achieve together: To exceed our guest expectations and to improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Creative, innovative, a great charisma… Hilton Amsterdam! Is this also your goal? Don’t hesitate and join the Hilton family today!
Currently we are looking for a Groups, Conference & Events (GC&E) Manager. As a GC&E Manager, you are responsible for leading and managing the GC&E Department to its fullest potential, ensuring that it meets both current and future needs of the business. Ensures the team actively converts customer enquiries into confirmed business and comply with the Hilton standards. The GC&E Manager will interact frequently with customers and guests to ensure customer satisfaction and develop relationships from which to earn repeat and expanded business.
Achieve monthly and annual forecasts by pursuing all business leads and driving maximum conversion throughout the GC&E team. Drive incrimental revenue during all stages of the customer journey.
- Proactively identifies new opportunities to drive repeat/new business from customers
- Strives to convert every piece of business which fits the hotel strategy
- Liaise and maintain close relationships with Hilton Worldwide Sales (HWS) offices in key GOB markets and the regional sales team
Implement, consistently monitor and adjust a successful sales strategy in line with the hotel's overall sales strategy, by participating in all relevant commercial meetings and activities and showing full awareness of annual and monthly forecasts and budgets.
- Draw up GC&E budget, forecast and business plan; identify gaps and ensures pro-active efforts to fill capacity (e.g. by promotion activities)
- Setting, implementing and adapting the GC&E Sales strategy through the analysis of information and market conditions, to maximize room and conference & events revenue
- Understanding the competitive market place and implementing approaches to ensure the hotels stay ahead in the local market
- To exceed the total GC&E budget through maximizing all revenue streams by cultivating a ‘Team Sales’ attitude
- Accountability for achieving GC&E revenue targets through a deep understanding of the product and by increasing conversion at the highest possible rate
Ensure customer satisfaction and build sustainable and profitable relationships with customers, by delivering consistent quality and creating extraordinary value.
- To fully understand the needs of the customer and strive to meet or exceed those expectations at all times
- Versatile and positive in developing and managing customer relationships with a high standard of communication
- Develop relationships within the local market by attending network events and working closely together with the cluster sales teams
Create a positive working environment by building productive two-way communication between the team and management and creating an inspirational working atmosphere. Be a role model in attitude, grooming and professional conduct.
- Create a dynamic department where people continuously develop others and themselves
- Ensure that the department has the correct number of driven, motivated and sales focused team members meeting both current and future needs, including a well-functioning succession plan
- Adjust procedures where necessary and ensure correct follow through
Ensure full compliance of all administrative procedures by the team and a flawless administrative workflow in line with weekly and monthly submission deadlines.
- To ensure the departments comply with all systems, procedures and GC&E best practice as laid down by Hilton Worldwide
- Ensure that all activities comply with national laws and regulations, and Hilton Worldwide’s operating policies, processes and systems
- Ensure continued high quality of internal communication to operational departments through Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s)
Demonstrate consistently Hilton values in day-to-day business and project these on the team and environment.
- To be actively involved in preparation and participation in all relevant business activities and meetings and ensure actions are followed up
- Promoting Hilton Worldwide Values as the foundation of the organizations culture
- Be a ‘Brand Ambassador’ of Hilton Worldwide by leading by example
- Attend all relevant training and development activities as required
- Maintain excellent team spirit by supporting and encouraging all Team members
- Conference and Events background
- Commercial (sales) management
- Team management experience
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent selling capability
- Desire to coach and develop a team
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent in the English and preferably the Dutch language
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary, holiday entitlement and participation in the GC&E incentive programme.
As an employee you will become a member of the GO Hilton programme, which provides reduced room rates in all our hotels WORLDWIDE, which means you can choose out of over 4,000 properties in more than 100 countries and all this not only for yourself but off course to share with your friends and family as well. Not only will you receive discount on room rates but also 50% off on Food & Beverage.
In addition, you will be entitled to discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners.
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Mira Oudt
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com