- Bedrijf: Kimpton De Witt Hotel
- Standplaats: Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 5, 1012 RC Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 150
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Sales en marketing, banquet sales
- Referentie nr: 28921
- Geplaatst op: 24-01-2019
Our mission is to be the best loved Boutique Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position we look for individuals to join our family who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guests, colleagues, owners and communities.
WHAT WILL YOU ACTUALLY BE DOING?
Our hotel is only as good as the people it employs. You’re passionate, focused and driven about making every guest’s experience ‘ridiculously personal’, making their stay unforgettable, in all the right ways.
Do you have experience as a sales coordinator or in banqueting sales? And are you looking to kick start your career in pro-active sales? Then this could be the right opportunity for you!
You can succeed in a fast-paced, guest-focused, no two days the same environment, and we will offer you plenty of opportunities to find your niche and grow and develop your career further. You’ve told us your strengths are in planning and coming up with ‘out of the box’ ideas, which are key to closing any sale.
You’ll be working with a friendly, motivated team and ensure you provide genuine heartfelt care to our guests and are driven to achieve targets.
Your day-to-day tasks will include, but is not limited to:
- Driving the MICE and social events, from existing accounts to hunting new accounts; focused on the Benelux region;
- Successfully achieve or exceed quarterly individual pace/production goals based on assigned markets;
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts including prospecting, site tours, sales blitzes, prompt and competent follow-up on leads/referrals, use of reader board analysis, and networking in order to maximize banqueting revenue to meet and/or exceed individual and team sales and revenue goals;
- Successfully and consistently achieve minimum weekly sales activities requirements. Track all weekly sales activities including goal-to-current production status using Delphi;
- Lead Follow up/ Lead generation
- Travel as needed, to complete personal sales calls and presentations to customers within your discipline/ region
- Be nimble, when writing the marketing action plans that you will create and complete
- Build creative proposals
- Negotiate and execute contracts that are fair and profitable
You will need to use your great communication skills and build strong relationships with our current/potential client base, and continually build this base through our sales and marketing strategy. It would be great if you already have experience working in a commercial environment in the hospitality industry.
It’s a physical role and although there are the usual meetings and briefings, and of course emails to check, you will be on your feet most of the day out and about in the community and beyond meeting with current and future clients, as well as chatting with our guests and your team, so fitness will be key for you, although reasonable adjustments will be made where we can. Fluent in speaking, reading, writing and understanding Dutch (used in the workplace) and English. Any additional language is a pro but not mandatory.
HOW DO YOU WOW OUR GUESTS?
As a key sales professional within the hotel you are responsible for knowing your markets and all our guests. You need to ensure you provide the ‘wow’ factor to all of them when they enter the hotel. You need to ensure they receive a heartfelt welcome and that everything is just right and exceeds their expectations. You need to work across the hotel teams to bring that personal touch to their stay or event. You will be creative and treat them all as individuals. They all want something different and we can do that. That’s what makes us different and stand out from the crowd. This is how you will exceed their expectations from the moment they arrive. You’ll make sure the hotel is fully briefed and ready, with all the detailed information needed for a perfect stay or event. And all done with that special personal touch. Yes we have standards and procedures that everyone in the team has to follow, but it’s down to you to make their stay special and memorable.
HOW DO YOU DRIVE FINANCIAL RETURNS FOR OUR OWNERS?
Our owners invest and trust in us and we keep them happy by providing positive returns on their investment and reputations. You will work with the Director of S&M to maximize the financial performance of the hotel though our aggressive sales and marketing strategy that is right for our environment and guests. There will be targets you drive through supported activities and campaigns run by you and the team, and this is where your skills in creativity will truly shine.
You need to truly know your guests, their names, their preferences, their individual needs, their business needs, everything about them. You will meet with them regularly, as well as attend trade fairs and networking events, and use your personality to promote our hotel and drive business through new customers. You’ll need to travel and plan these activities across the year and there’s a budget to help with this. You also need to be known and seen within the local community and local industries to promote the hotel and drive business through innovative PR activities, so you’ll work with our marketing team to ensure these are fun and engaging. You need to continually review what’s working and what’s not working within your area and drive improvements and make changes as and when they are needed. You are part of our team because we saw that you had creativity, so you need to bring this into your role, and encourage your team to do the same, by sharing any ideas that you have to keep driving for excellence.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A focused individual with passion, personality, individuality, integrity, creativity and drive for continuous improvement who already has commercial experience in the hotel industry.
Please note that you must be able to prove your eligibility to work in The Netherlands.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- IHG Employee rate in over 5000 hotels
- Lots of attention to personal development and training
- Fun, kind and motivated colleagues
- Multiple staff events throughout the year
- And much more!
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION?
Call us on 020-5211746 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Bedrijf: Kimpton De Witt Hotel
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Willemijn van Norel
- Adres: Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 5
1012 RC Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0205211746
- Website: http://www.kimptondewitthotel.com/
- Privacyverklaring: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/customer-care/privacy_statement#3