- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Sales en marketing, banquet sales
- Referentie nr: 32419
- Geplaatst op: 02-01-2020
Algemene informatieJoin the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
A Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Planning Executive will maximize revenue opportunities in the areas of group reservations, conferences and events by identifying sales and revenue opportunities with contracted bookings.
What will I be doing?
As Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Planning Executive, you will maximise revenue opportunities in the areas of group reservations, conferences and events by driving sales leads and increasing conversions. The GC&E Planning Executive will interact frequently with Guests and customers with the intention of earning repeat and expanded business. Specifically, a Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Planning Executive will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Identify and maximise sales and revenue by being aware of all sales opportunities within all areas of the hotel, and proactively promoting hotel services
- Conduct client show rounds and attend client dinners and appointments as required (also after office hours)
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge about the hotel and local area
- Pro-actively seek feedback from customers on a regular basis
- Identify sales leads for the sales department to follow up for potential future business from Take5 interviews
- Make sure pre-cons and Take5 interviews are scheduled with meeting organisers
- To fully understand the needs of the customer and strive to meet or exceed those expectations at all times
- Have a personal impact, taking responsibility and using initiative to resolve issues
- Be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements
- Following up on cancellation fees and no show fees of all contracted events
- Ensuring all room blocks are in line with contract and systems
- Accountability for achieving GC&E revenue targets through a deep understanding of the product and by increasing conversion at the highest possible rate
- Conduct weekly group master reviews with other GCE Planning Executives in order to close and follow up on group masters of all events
- Handle all administrative tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Keep departments and customers updated in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate and up to date customer records in Delphi/OnQ and that all best practices are followed and maintained with an emphasis on activities to ensure the business is converted in a timely manner
- Ensure continued high quality of internal communication to operational departments through Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) by checking BEO’s and tour info weekly before sending out to operations departments
- To comply with all systems, procedures and GC&E best practice as laid down by Hilton Worldwide
What are we looking for?
A Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Planning Executive serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Good organisational and administration skills
- Good time management skills
- Positive attitude and good communication skills Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Confident telephone manner
- High level of IT skills
- Excellent grooming standards
- Demonstrated previous experience working in a Conference and Events environment
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems (Delphi & ONQ)
- Demonstrated previous experience working in the Conference and Events function
- Qualification, degree, or certification in a relevant field
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Travel allowance
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Mira Oudt
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com