- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan, Stage
- Functie categorie: Sales en marketing, banquet sales , Revenue Management
- Referentie nr: 32670
- Geplaatst op: 14-11-2019
Algemene informatieHSM Category Intelligence EMEA
We have an exciting opportunity for an Intern to join the EMEA Hilton Supply Management (HSM) team on a minimum 6-month placement. The HSM intern for EMEA will be responsible for contributing to and supporting the Supply Management function in the areas of Field Operations, Category Management, Customer Engagement & Reporting and Analytics. The Intern's key role is to support each function with day-to-day tasks in assembling together data, research & development. Your placement is in Amsterdam, The Netherlands with office in the Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
Why Work for Hilton?
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,750+ properties in 113 countries and territories. In the 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 17 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognised hotel brand in the world.
We are consistently endorsed by our employees as a Great Place to Work in all of the countries in which we operate, and most recently voted as the #7 Great Places to Work in the Netherlands in 2019.
Hilton Work Perks
You will receive a range of excellent benefits - probably the best of which is our Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program. This provides you with access to heavily reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends. Perfect for the holiday savvy intern!
In our Amsterdam office, you will also benefit from a subsidized canteen. You will be involved in our unique organization. This includes monthly meetings and assignments, which are designed to support your development.
A bit about the job
This minimum 6-month internship will provide an in-depth insight into Hilton Supply Management ("HSM") offering an unique combination between Project Management Support (30%) and Category Intelligence (70%). In your role as intern, you will rotate between two HSM Departments and deliver projects that has primary deliverables in each department with a common aim to develop cutting-edge intelligences & tools for internal and external stakeholders.
Project Management Support - 30%
You will support the Regional Procurement Office with a variety of projects, starting with data-driven research then turning it into strategic sourcing and leveraging it into hotel benefits and revenue opportunities. In your role you will assist HSM to deliver a full suite of supply solutions to internal stakeholders & external ownership group. You will understand the full process of Supply Management, all under the supervision of the Regional HSM Procurement Director.
Category Intelligence - 70%
You will support HSM Category Intelligence EMEA with a variety of projects. Category Intelligence is responsible for serving as the gateway to HSM for all market insight, supplier research, analytics and reporting. You will understand how to translate data into useable tools and intelligence, with the ultimate goal to drive hotel benefits and revenue opportunities, all under the supervision of HSM Category Intelligence EMEA. Tasks may include:
- Owning the process & deliverables of critical HSM reports that provide the foundation for tactical & strategic decisions;
- Studying and reporting on latest commodity intelligence using cutting-edge tools for internal and external stakeholders;
- Leading the HSM supplier data portal, including the interaction with suppliers to ensure Supply Management issues are addressed with a customer focus;
- Liaising with other HSM Departments to deliver supplier reporting and create fact-based negotiation packages;
As with any job, we do have certain criteria that you will need to meet in order to be considered for this amazing opportunity. These are detailed as follows;
- Must be eligible to work in the Netherlands without sponsorship Must be fluent in English and Dutch
- Must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment and have a sense of urgency
- Must be in your second year of undergraduate study at the point of application, preferably in a Business, Hospitality, Mathematics or similar discipline
- Must be able to start in Q1 2020 and available for a minimum of 6 months.
- Must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including ability to understand/manipulate spreadsheets (Pivot tables and VLOOKUPs), and experience managing large data sets (e.g. 100,000+ fields of data).
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Working knowledge in the creation of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
If you would like to be considered for this internship, please ensure that you submit your application (in English) on or before 1st February 2020. Please bear with us whilst we process your application as we might receive a lot of interest and we want to ensure that each applicant is given the consideration he/she deserves.
You’ll be contacted via email by our Graduate Recruitment Team who will inform you of the outcome and (if applicable) next steps. If your application is taken forward, you will be asked to complete a series of online assessments and a video interview.
Beyond the Internship
Whilst we are not always able to guarantee an offer of employment at the end of your studies, we like to keep in touch with our intern community and many have successfully re-joined Hilton upon completion of their degree. To give you a few examples, we currently have former interns working for us in Finance, Marketing, Sales, HR, Procurement… The list goes on!
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Mira Oudt
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com