- Bedrijf: Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Herengracht 542-556, 1017 CG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 162
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Sales en marketing, banquet sales
- Referentie nr: 9609
- Geplaatst op: 22-11-2019
*** DUTCH REQUIRED ***
A Senior Group, Conference & Events (GC&E) Executive with Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts will maximise revenue opportunities in the areas of group reservations, conferences and events by driving sales leads and increasing conversions.
What will I be doing?
The Senior GC&E Executive will interact frequently with Guests and customers with the intention of earning repeat and expanded business. Specifically, a Senior GC&E Executive will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Receive and actively convert enquiries into confirmed bookings through effective enquiry handling, demonstrating good sales and up selling skills
- Seek opportunities to increase sales and conversions within the Team
- Actively work as a member of the team, contributing towards converting business, maximising revenue and generating business
- Proactively identify customer needs and provide solutions to match them in group, conference and events
- Handling larger enquiries, social events and weddings
- Build strong working relationships with our clients and demonstrate an understanding of their specific needs and requirements to develop future/repeat business for the hotel and Hilton brands worldwide
- Manage an events schedule to maximise yield
- Prepare Banquet Event Orders (BEO) for upcoming events and liaise all clients requests with Operational departments
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements
- Focus on a consistently executed up-selling approach
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs
- Arrange and carry out Hotel show rounds
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events
- Participate in hotel promotional activities
What are we looking for?
A GC&E Executive serving Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Good organisational and administration skills
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of guests service
- 1 or 2 years of working experience within C&E
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
- Be pro-active and seek creative solutions in closing the business
- Confident telephone manner
- Excellent grooming standards
- Demonstrated previous experience working in a Sales environment
- Excellence in English and Dutch language
- Being flexible with working hours – not every event is within office hours
- Add that new ideas for increasing revenue stream for hotel are welcome
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
- Demonstrated previous experience working in the Conference & Events function
- Qualification, degree, or certification in a relevant field
Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam opened in May 2014. You are a part of a young dynamic team and working at one of the top luxury hotels in Amsterdam. As Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a part of the Hilton Worldwide Hotel Group lovely benefits will apply, like discount on hotel rooms and Food and Beverage.
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience. If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the new colleague we are looking for.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement.
As an employee you will become a member of the GO Hilton programme, which provides reduced room rates in all our hotels WORLDWIDE, which means you can choose out of over 4,000 properties in more than 100 countries and all this not only for yourself but off course to share with your friends and family as well. Not only will you receive discount on room rates but also 50% off on Food & Beverage.
In addition you will be entitled to discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners, for example Guerlain and Avis.
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
- Bedrijf: Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Recruitment Team Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
- Adres: Herengracht 542-556
1017 CG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020 7184633
- Website: http://www.waldorfastoria.com/amsterdam