- Bedrijf: Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
- Standplaats: Stadhouderskade 12, 1054 ES Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 131
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Schoonmaken algemene dienst
- Referentie nr: 36057
- Geplaatst op: 11-04-2022
Please note that this position is only for current students pursuing a Hotel Management degree. Starting April 2022 for six months or longer.
We are looking for students who would like to fulfill the position of Supervisor Housekeeping Trainee!
Are you enthusiastic, passionate about the hospitality industry and do you have a great eye for detail?
This internship is perfect for you!
With its many museums, peaceful canals and 17th-century architecture, Amsterdam charms every visitor. In the midst of this splendid city, you'll find us: the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel.
Our luxury hotel, located across from Leidseplein's fine dining, shopping and entertainment, is a 5-minute walk to many attractions including the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. In the morning visit the Vondelpark for a relaxing walk or run or go to our on-site 24-hour health club for a great workout.
Our 396 spacious guest rooms have everything you need for business or leisure travel and upscale and casual dining awaits you in our two restaurants where you can grab a burger and beer or Amsterdam's finest steak in town. Our 12 banqueting rooms are equipped with the newest technology; we welcome you to our 'Meetings Imagined'.
During your internship
During your internship you will be responsible for the cleanliness of the rooms, public areas and back of the house. You will coordinate and coach the Room Attendants in order to create a high standard product for our guests. On a daily base you will be checking our rooms according to the Brand Standards and you will learn how to fulfill a leading and responsible position. Furthermore, you will participate in the daily morning meeting to discuss point of improvement and to share creative ideas to exceed the expectations of our guests.
What are your responsibilities?
- Checking the rooms off your own section every day;
- Make sure that all the amenities are in the room and support the Room Attendants on this side;
- Coordinate room attendants and provide feedback about the cleanliness of the rooms and other areas;
- Lead by example, motivate, coach and enthusiasm;
- Support the Housekeeping department with on-going projects.
Who are you?
- A student of the hotel school or other relevant education;
- Looking for an internship for a minimum of 6 months;
- Enthusiastic, independent, a team player and flexible;
- Passionate about the hospitality industry and able to provide brilliant service;
- Has great eye for detail and is punctual;
- Good communicative and social skills, fluent in English, more languages are a plus!
What do we have to offer you?
- A monthly trainee allowance of €650;
- A professional environment to work in and the opportunity to learn from others in the highest segment of the hospitality industry;
- Being part of the biggest hotel company in the world and career possibilities within Marriott International;
- Personal coaching and training to support your internship;
- Special discounted rates for 8000+ Marriott hotels worldwide for you, your family and friends;
- Discount on Food & Beverage up to 50% in Marriott Hotels worldwide;
- You will receive a trainee allowance on a monthly base;
- Free meals in our Staff Cafeteria;
- Free use of our Health Club;
- A Take Care program; we focus on your wellbeing in general and organize several healthy and fun activities throughout the year;
- The possibility to participate in our Trainee Meetings to share your experience and learn about the possibilities within Marriott.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- Bedrijf: Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Angie Steenbergen
- Adres: Stadhouderskade 12
1054 ES Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0206075575
- Website: http://www.amsterdammarriott.com