- Bedrijf: InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Prof. Tulpplein 1, 1018 GX Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 180
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Technische dienst , Management
- Referentie nr: 23558
- Geplaatst op: 04-02-2019
Algemene informatieDo you want to play a big role in maintaining the building of the Grand Dame of Amsterdam’s Luxury Hotels to keep it shine for the next 150 years? Do you love challenges, setting up and managing projects, guiding and controlling? When you are part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you are more than just a job title.
As Facility Manager you will report directly to the General Manager. You will deal directly with the other Heads of Department to ensure their operating problems are solved or, preferably, prevented. You will be in direct contact with our head office (IHG), liaisons and technical owner’s representatives. You meet with 'customers' both internal and external, in order to solve problems. You liaise with colleagues and competitor hotels, suppliers and contractors. You meet with other Facility Managers in this region to exchange ideas to better perform your duties.
Join us as a Facility Manager at the InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam. You'll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. Because, for this vital role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Responsible for the physical integrity of all facilities and fully participate in all safety and security programs.
- Maintains the building and plant properly and efficiently by following the guidelines in the IHG
- Technical Maintenance manual and standards as well as local legislation.
- Makes regular inspections of the property with the General Manager in order to identify problem areas and plan for their improvement.
- Ensures a good planning of all work is kept and deadlines are met for the whole team.
- Works with the General Manager and Finance Manager to produce CEAs for improvement.
- Acts as liaison between hotel and outside contractors or technical services on major projects.
- Acts as a project manager on behalf of the hotel when a project needs to be managed, such as renovations, improvement projects etc.
- Ensures that all water systems are treated in order to prevent corrosion throughout the system and to maintain safe bacterial levels according to the IHG Technical Manual and local authority requirements.
- Ensures that all fire equipment is in good order and the alarm system is tested regularly in line with IHG and local authority requirements.
- Ensures all electrical equipment is safe working order in line with current regulations. Also checks that the pressure vessels and lifts are surveyed in a regular basis by IHG's insurers.
- Focuses on daily maintenance of all areas as well as preventive maintenance to ensure guests enjoy the utmost comfort during their stay.
- Communicates closely with all departments on technical issues and tasks.
- Closely formulates and controls the operational and capital expenditure budgets for the department.
- Continually monitors the energy consumption and implements measures resulting in savings in energy costs using the guidelines in the IHG Energy Manual.
- Monitors utility bills to ensure charges are correct.
- Maintains the files and records that are necessary to manage the department efficiently.
- (In conjunction with the Purchasing Manager,) makes sure purchasing procedures meet IHG Standards.
- Works with the Training Manager to ensure the department training and succession plans are adhered to.
- Attends seminars and technical exhibitions and reads relevant publications to keep him up to date in the Engineering field.
- Excellent up to date knowledge of technical hotel systems in the broadest manner
- Knowledge of current local and national rules and regulations within the technical field
- Speaks and writes fluent Dutch and English and preferably another language
- Strong communication and management skills
- Work experience in a 5 star hotel, experience working in a historical (monumental) building preferred
- Experience in leading a Technical Maintenance department
What can you expect from us:
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a career that will be as unique as you are, because we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5000 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
- Bedrijf: InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Gerda Roelofs
- Adres: Prof. Tulpplein 1
1018 GX Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0205203487
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.intercontinental.com/nl/