- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Technische dienst
- Referentie nr: 30419
- Geplaatst op: 09-05-2019
Algemene informatieJoin the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a 5 star property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
Located in this iconic hotel is our Half Moon Lounge. The Half Moon Lounge is a nautical style bar divided into a lounge area and summer terrace overlooking the ‘Hilton’ harbor. Where the lounge is perfect to spend a cozy winter day by the fireplace, the terrace is a hip and trendy location to spend a warm summer day.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve together: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Creative, innovative, a great charisma… Hilton Amsterdam!
As an Engineering Coordinator for Hilton Amsterdam, you will be responsible for assisting our Chief Engineer, Housekeeping Manager, and Front of House Manager in completing daily tasks that are essential to the success of our hotel operations. Your role is vital in ensuring Hilton Amsterdam standards are delivered on a daily basis. This position requires organization, time management, the capability to perform well under pressure, and a desire to interact with guests, Team Members, and external suppliers throughout your day.
This role requires clear and consistent communication throughout all departments, as it is the core position that brings all operational teams together. The day-to-day role involves coordinating and completing tasks from hotel departments, which result in a seamless stay for our guests. Furthermore, you are the main point of contact for all external suppliers and will schedule, coordinate, and oversee hotel projects and maintenance, with support from our Chief Engineer.
The Engineering Coordinator will be mainly responsible for:
- The hotel project tracker – an internal tool used to organize ongoing maintenance/improvement projects in the hotel
- Overseeing purchase orders, follow up with suppliers, and invoice processing under supervision of Chief Engineer
- Processing and assisting with month end closing reports; review of outstanding purchase orders in line with departmental budgets
- Following up on guest requests, maintenance tickets, and repair requests
- Engineering scheduling
- Maintaining health and safety logbooks in conjunction with Dutch Law and Hilton Worldwide standards
Required skills and competences
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
- Ability to communicate in Dutch and English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems
- Demonstrates complete working knowledge of the Hilton Amsterdam Brand Standards
- Gains and maintains a broad cultural awareness
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments
- Pro-active over reactive mindset needed
- Fluency in English and preferably in Dutch.
Besides being listed as one of the top Great Place to Work, we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program;
- The best employee travel program in the industry, offering discounts on Hilton hotel rooms and 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton hotels worldwide;
- Excellent national and international opportunities for career growth;
- Incentive program based on performance
- Travel allowance
- Participation in sport events, team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums;
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Mike Oosterbaan
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com