- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 144
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Technische dienst
- Referentie nr: 37967
- Geplaatst op: 16-11-2021
Algemene informatieAre you looking for a technical challenge in one of Amsterdam’s most iconic buildings?
Join our team in Hilton Amsterdam!
We are looking for an experienced Shift Engineer to reinforce our Maintenance Team. In this role, you are responsible for several operational checks. These checks are linked to planned activities like; air-conditioning maintenance, Legionella checks, gardening, Fire-prevention systems, etc. As Hilton Amsterdam is operational 24/7, you are managing ad hoc technical situations in the building. You know exactly what to do in case of a sudden leakage in one of the hotel rooms or how to fix lightning in one of our public areas. Next to the daily operations, you are in close contact with contractors for specific maintenance on for example elevators or constructing activities. As Hilton Amsterdam operates 21 meetings spaces, your banquet-engineering skills come into practice quite regularly; you are happy to assist guests with the installations of audiovisual equipment. Not to forget; you have an eye for detail! A scratch on the wall is an eyesore for you; you have your paintbrush ready before anyone even notices. Of course, you will ensure all procedures comply to the Hilton Standards and that all safety and security regulations are followed.
You will be reporting to the Chief Engineer and Engineering Supervisor and rotate shifts with three other Shift Engineers. Communication within the team is key; you are all focusing on contributing to an exceptional experience for every guest. Flexibility is very important in this role as you will be working in shifts. There are day shifts, evening shifts and weekend shifts in rotating sequence.
Required skills and competences
- Technical education;
- Flexible and independent work attitude;
- Positive attitude;
- Prepared to work in different shifts;
- Fluent in English.
What can you expect from us?
Hilton is listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces!
Besides this, we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program;
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities;
- A fulltime role with competitive salary based on your experience (Scale 6 of the hospitality industry €2.169,09-€2.667,72);
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program;
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels;
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions;
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums;
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
We have one goal to achieve; exceed our guest expectations and deliver outstanding service and high quality product. Together with our historical background, it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and become part of the Hilton family!
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Karen De Vleeschauwer
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com